We have been thrilled with how much our children have gained from their Little River experience. They come home filled with descriptions of what they have learned and are eager to keep on learning.
- Students help direct their own education with the support of staff
- All ages working together
- Students develop self-reliance and confidence and self-motivation rather than being motivated by external rewards
- Community involvement
- Hands-on activities
- Each student has an individualized curriculum set by the student, parents and teachers together
- Opportunities to study at home
- Appreciation of the natural world around us
- Students learn how to problem-solve and make decisions as well as take responsibility for their actions
- Commitment to nonviolence and nondiscrimination
- Students learn at their own pace
Tuition is the primary source of income for the school and is supplemented with fundraising. Little River has a fee structure that keeps the family in mind. There are reduced rates for two or more children within a family.
Tuition and Fee Schedule 2022/2023
- Full-Time Student $5895 per year or $655 per month
- Each Additional Student From the Same Family $3950 per year or $439 per month
- Satellite Students (@ 1 day per week) $1474 per year or $164 per month
- Each Additional Student from the Same Family $1106 per year or $123 per month
- Additional Days $41 per day
- Additional Days for Students from the Same Family $41 per day
- Application Fee $50 per family
- Supply and Transportation Fees $30 per student per month
- High School Fee (added to tuition) $415 per year or $46 per month
- Yearbook $10 per family (due May 1)
- Late Payment Fee $25 added to month's payment
The first and last month's tuition, plus enrollment fee is due upon enrollment. The rest of the tuition is divided up into seven payments, due on the first of each month from October through April.
Returning families only need to pay the last month's tuition in advance.
Tuition is the primary source of funding for Little River Community School. Each family has a different financial situation and some may need tuition aid. Little River strives to make tuition affordable for families that share our concerns and responsibilities in making the school all it can be for as many children as possible.
Families who feel that they are unable to pay full tuition may apply for tuition aid. The aid is based on family income and availability of funds.
Work-in-Lieu of Tuition
Work-in-lieu of tuition is intended to help families that may need a reduced tuition rate. There are a limited number of jobs at the school available to families in need. Please call the school if you are interested in work-in-lieu of tuition to find out what options there might be to find out what options are available.
Little River Community School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender orientation, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies or tuition assistance programs.